If the deceased was a Portuguese national
- Full transcript of bith certificate for death registration purposes (can be obtained by the Consulate);
- Full marriage and birth certificates of the spouse, if the deceased was married, for detah registration (can also be obtained by the
Consulate, if the spouse is Portuguese);
- Full transcript of Birth Certificate.
Important Note: If at death, the deceased did not have in its records the endorsements for actual marital status, its updating will be necessary before the death registration.
If the deceased is a foreigner, to update the Portuguese spouse birth record
- Full transcript of Death Certificate;
- Birth Certificate of the surviving spouse (can be obtained by the Consulate);
- Marriage Certificate (can be obtained by the Consulate, if marriage was registered in Portugal).
- Death Registration – Exempt
- Death Registration with removal of remains to Portugal – USD 58.50
- Coffin/Ashes transport license – USD 35.10
For the preparation of documentation, regarding the transfer of deceased, it is imperative that the request of the transfer is made 48 hours in advance.
All questions and/or information on the subject should be sent to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.