Portugal Visa Information
Residence visas, student visas, work visas and temporary stay visas are valid only for Portugal (not the European Union).
- Residency visas
Enables the applicant to enter Portugal in order to request a residency permit; this visa is valid for a period of four months with two entries.
- Student visas
Allows the applicant to enter Portugal for the purpose of study, scientific investigation, apprenticeships in educational establishments, firms, or public departments.
- Work visas
Allows the bearer to enter Portugal to carry on professional activities for a maximum period of three years.
- Temporary stay visas
Allows the holder to enter Portugal for medical treatment in Health Services. This visa can also be issued in exceptional cases, as well as to family members of those already holding study, work and temporary stay visas.
- Application form signed in the presence of a Consular Officer
- Valid passport
- One (1) recent color photo, passport size
- FBI record check
- Declaration outlining the reasons for wanting to obtain residence in Portugal (for residency visas only)
- Medical insurance or declaration that applicant will acquire it in Portugal within 90 days after arrival
- Proof that applicant has guaranteed housing in Portugal
- Proof of means of support while in Portugal (i.e., financial statement, pension, etc.)
- Portuguese bank account statement (if applicable)
- Proof of ownership of property in Portugal (if applicable)
- Submission of a work contract approved by the Portuguese Ministry of Labor (for work visas only)
- Submission of certificate of enrollment in a University or Educational Institution in Portugal (for study visas only)
The cost of a national visa varies between USD 100.00 and USD 120.00.
Children under 16 are exempt from presenting FBI record checks.
Visa application form can be downloaded here.
To schedule an appointment at this Consulate, please click here.
If wish further information please contact us at this e-mail.