Exchange Portuguese Driver’s License for the American
Portuguese tourists visiting this consular jurisdiction área for a period of up to 90 days, at least 16 years old, and holders of Portuguese driver’s license, can drive in the U. S. with those driver licenses. For visits over 90 days, an international driver’s license issued by the Portuguese Automobile Association will be required.
Who can apply
- Portuguese nationals duly authorized to take up residence in the consular jurisdiction area.
Where to apply
1. In New Jersey:
- New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
- Site: www.state.nj.us/mvc/
2. In Pennsylvania:
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Site: www.dmv.state.pa.us
3. In Delaware:
- State of Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles
- Site: www.dmv.de.gov
When to apply
- The Exchange must be requested A troca deverá ser efectuada within 60 days after arrival in the U. S.. During this period you can use the Portuguese driver’s license.
How to obtain
- By mail, consult the page Consulate at home.